Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sci-fine

First, I am not going to put up a picture of Young Miles, which I finished reading last night. Why? I don't like the cover. I have this aversion to cartoon characters and the cover of this book has particularly silly-looking ones. Pssh.

Anyway, I was feeling quite bold, so I decided to give a bit of sci-fi a try. I have heard excellent things about Lois McMaster Bujold's writings and had done a bit of reading on Amazon about her Miles Vorkosigan Saga Series. I started with the first book about Miles, which technically isn't the first book in the series.

I liked it; it's definitely an adventure series, which was a nice change in variety. It kept me entertained and amused. I don't feel like explaining the plot, because the book was actually an omnibus...three books in one. Let's just say the story involves: space, mercenaries, genetic defects, fighting and much more.

Rating: 8/10

No comments: