Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gemmy

I checked out Ginny Aiken's Priced to Move because I've read a few of her mysteries and thought that they were okay.

This is the first in the "Shop-Til-U-Drop" series. Andie is a gemologist, hard at work in NYC. She's exhausted and tired of constant traveling. So when her Aunt Weeby (it's a nickname...makes me think of Weezer and how I LOVE their song--and the video for--"Perfect Situation") breaks her leg, Andie quits her job and moves home, which is down South. Through her aunt's connections, she ends up as a host for a shopping network: the "Shop-Til-U-Drop" network. She gets paired up with Max, hot but "dumb" weather guy. They bicker, sells gems and then get mixed up in a murder. Chaos ensues.

I liked the faith elements mixed in, which didn't feel too forced. I liked Andie and Max's bickering. I didn't like how Andie kept on getting mad at Max for random reasons. Ah well. Overall, not too bad. It's a super light breeze to read. I'm going to read the next one in the series, too, which is a good sign.

Rating: 7/10

No comments: