Saturday, April 19, 2008

Action, but I'm okay with it!

I know I whined about too much action in Fire Study but in this next book, Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell, there was lots of action and I loved it!

I was an English major in college, which may explain part of my love for this book. It's basically a rip-off of The DaVinci Code (which oddly enough, I seem to be reading a lot of lately), but with a focus on Shakespeare.

Kate, a smart, young theater director, is given a gift by her former dissertation professor and mentor Roz--but there's a catch. Kate has to promise to follow the trail the gift will open. The book then twists into a quest for Shakespeare's lost play Cardenio.

With globe-hopping, murders galore and discussion about Shakespeare, it's a perfect English major book. It makes you think about Shakespeare and who he was (personally, I like the Edward de Vere theory). Some of the characters are a bit shallow, but since the book is so plot-driven, I'll forgive that little flaw.

And did I mention it features people dressing in disguise? I love that!

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments: