Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Vamping it up

So I just finished Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz (cool last name!). And can I just say that the cover freaked me out a bit? Take a close look: it's pretty, ornate, I love the idea of masked balls, etc.....


But then take a closer look....


How freaky are those eyes?!?!?! I didn't realize a real person's eyes were in the mask before I really took a close look at the cover. Then I was freaked out and couldn't handle looking at the cover.

Masquerade follows Blue Bloods, which I actually think I liked a bit better. The books are about a group of people known as the "Blue Bloods" aka vampires. I like De La Cruz's take on vampires and all that...I think the books will appeal to those who like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. However, the action was a bit slower in this book and there's quite a bit of mystery about who's a "Silver Blood" aka the bad vampires and who various characters are actually in love with and such. The beginning didn't really hook me, but by the end I was involved. So if you can handle creepy eyes, give it a try.

Rating: 7/10

No comments: