Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I won!

One of the blogs that I check out weekly is Jennie's B(ook)log. I was excited to see that Jennie was hosting a "Meet Cute" contest, which I definitely entered...and won!

I am very happy. :) It just so happens that I've read most of the books that were in the contest were ones I've read and liked. So here's my little commentary on the books, with my correct guesses in bold.

1. This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart......Mary Stewart, enough said.
2. Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer......One spring I read all of Heyer's books (except the "historical" ones. They looked kind of boring; however, I adore most of Heyer's books).
3. Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers....I had a professor in college who LOVED Dorothy Sayers. Therefore, we read her books. I actually read Gaudy Night for her class, but read Strong Poison later on my own just because I wanted to see how the relationship between the Peter and Harriet began.
4. Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase......Mmm, I'm neutral about Chase. I keep on wanting and expecting her to be funnier than she really is.
5. Faking It by Jennifer Crusie....Now Cruise is a funny writer!
6. High Noon by Nora Roberts.....I've never read Roberts.
7. Mrs. Drew Plays Her Hand by Carla Kelly.....It's about a widow and we all know about my "no reading about widows" rules. But I am good at figuring out context, which is how I got this one right.
8. The Ordinary Princess by M.M. Kaye.....I haven't read this one but I just bought Trade Wind by Kaye.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Yay! Excellent job. ;)

Re: Heyer - I've only read one historical, An Infamous Army, which was pretty good, but I definitely prefer her Regencies. I'm still making my way through them (there are A LOT!)

Chase: She's not so much funny and just kind of sarcastically witty, which seems to work for me.

Kelly: Mrs. Drew is one of those rare widows who actually loved her first husband, has grieved for him, and is ready to move on. Amazing!

Kaye: The Ordinary Princess is a little 4-chapter children's book, but it's just lovely. I still reread it even though I'm grown up (mostly). :p