Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SO GOOD

Suzanne Collins' Catching Fire did not disappoint. At all. I started it Thursday night, finished it Friday. Then I re-started it on Sunday and finished it Monday. So yeah, I liked it. A LOT. (It's a rare book that garners an immediate re-read.)

I love where Collins has gone with the series--the Districts are starting to rebel against the Capital. Katniss is struggling to find where she belongs in the uprising when she and Peeta are forced to face their worst nightmare. The title is perfect (and so's the cover! beautiful!). AND THE ENDING....GAAAHH. I can't wait for book three.

I loved the plotting, the characters, the setting and basically everything about the book. All the elements that made The Hunger Games a success are back.

If you can't tell, I highly recommend this series. It's adventure and action with a bit of dsytopia and some love thrown in. And, in honor of Muse's new CD released today, here's the perfect theme song for the book: Uprising.

Rating: 10/10

4 comments:

Angiegirl said...

I love your "I dreamed about it" tag. Great idea! I also loved this book, particularly how she made me come out of the last page ready to fight tooth and nails on Katniss' behalf.

rachel said...

I generally read before I go to bed and if I read too much or get too involved in the story, well, the book surfaces in my dreams. :) But yes, "Catching Fire" was so good--and what an ending.

LanDark said...

Hey Rachel,
I just read that Lionsgate Entertainment has bought the rights to make the film for the first book of this awesome trilogy. Suzanne Collins has been brought on to adapt the book into a film which should make the movie more true to the story. Can't wait. I'm almost done with the first book and will be moving straight on to the second.

rachel said...

Oooh, how awesome! I think it'd make a great movie and if Collins is on board, hopefully it'll follow the book closely.