Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not in a dissecting mood

I'm not in the mood to dissect Kate Ross' Whom The Gods Love, other than to say I liked it.


Book three in the Julian Kestrel mystery series, Ross crafts another fine mystery together. While not as engrossing as the first two books, it's still just an interesting story: a well-liked, popular dandy is found murdered at his own party. It's inconceivable that this doted-upon man had enemies (he's "whom the gods love"), so who could've killed him?

Julian is asked to help solve this mystery, as he's developed a bit of a reputation for solving unsolvable mysteries. He agrees to help and must discover who this dandy truly was--a decent person or a truly evil man.

While I did kind of guess who commited the murder, it was only because it was logical. And you understand why, whereas in some mysteries, it's totally random. All in all, it was a good story with good supporting characters. And I've mentioned this in my reviews of other books in this series, but I really like Julian. I'd want to marry him in real life. He's intelligent and attractive and just has a really likeable personality.

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments: