Sunday, June 29, 2008

mystery

My friend Becca lent me Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.

What can I say? It's absolutely a classic. Ten strangers are stranded on an island and one by one, they die. Each person holds an awful secret--but what connects them? And who is the murderer?

Basically, at the end, you see why Christie is hailed as a brilliant mystery writer. If you like mysteries, try it.

Rating: 9/10

On a side note, I read a book about 10 years ago that took the basic idea of this book and adapted it. Gilbert Morris' Guilt by Association (now reissued as One by One) is the start of one of my favorite mystery series, featuring New Orleans detective Danielle Ross. Seriously, I love that series--it has interesting mysteries, excellent romantic chemistry and is more about characters than bloody mysteries.

No comments: