Sunday, February 8, 2009

Up too late

I stayed up too late to finish Diana Peterfreund's Rites of Spring (Break) because it was so freaking delicious. Seriously, it just made me happy. And after I finished it, I may have gone back and re-read certain parts. Rites is definitely my favorite book of the series so far and not just because of one certain character (Poe!!).

After a winter semester filled with pranks against other secert societies, the Rose & Grave class of D177 is going on vacation. They're off to their own secret island, where a few members of past classes are there, too, including Amy's nemesis-turned-maybe-friend Poe. Trouble follows the class to the island, where pranks begin to spiral out of control....and a certain romance starts brewing.

The last book in the series, Tap & Gown, comes out in May. Yay!

Rating: 9/10

2 comments:

Angiegirl said...

LOL. I totally stayed up mega late finishing this one. And I, too, may have immediately re-read a few choice scenes. Swim lessons, anyone? Did you read the excerpt from Tap and Gown at the end? *blissful sigh*

rachel said...

Yes, swim lessons! lol I'm so glad I'm not the only person who re-reads the good scenes immediately after, too. I'm glad the scene was "Tap and Gown" was in there, too. Just whetted my appetite for more...