Saturday, March 22, 2008

How awesome is this!

I read about Amazon.com's post-order price guarantee somewhere online and then checked out refundplease.com, which automatically tracks price drops on Amazon products that you request.

My old mp3 player broke and I was kind of excited. I could finally buy the iPod I've always wanted (so I can be emo like my sister). Amazon had the cheapest price on iPods, so I bought a nano about a week ago. Today I checked the price and it had gone down by $15! It's only $15, but still......that could buy me a meal at Chili's!

I called Amazon and requested a price refund....and they did, with no hassles! How cool is that? So if you buy a lot of books and such from Amazon, give refundplease.com a try.

It's hidden away on Amazon's website, but here's what they offer:

Post-Order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click the Customer Service button on the right side of this page, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.
This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:
*Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
*Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
*Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible, unless the same promotion is also offered at the lower price.
*The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.

No comments: