Sunday, November 8, 2009

Unreliable narrators

Sup y'all....I'm back and just finished Justine Larbalestier's Liar.




So there was a big controversy over the original cover. I'm glad they went with the cover they did. Although I'm not sure what those blue things are she's holding. Seriously, that's bugging me. What are they?

Alright, so the narrator, Micah, is unreliable--she tells you upfront she's a liar--but she's going to tell the truth. Riiighhht. I really can't go into detail about the book, else I'd ruin it for you. But let's just say there's a few big twists--so big that my jaw literally dropped open, twice in a row. But I love when the twists actually make sense and real hidden truths in the early part of the book.

I did like it; this unreliable narrator treated me better than the last one. I thought the ending was a bit rushed but overall, definitely a memorable YA read.

Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could the blue things be the sides of a sweatshirt hood? That's what I though, but they do kinda look like a curtain or something, too, don't they?

word verification: "noonou" - I have noonou opportunities to read, even with the holidays coming up. :(

rachel said...

oooh, good thought on the sweatshirt! It'd make total sense for her to be wearing a hooide, too.