Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mmm, kind of gothic

I've heard that Barbara Michaels is an enjoyable author (and seeing as she's actually Elizabeth Peters, who I've heard great things about), I decided to try one of her books. I picked Wings of the Falcon.

I enjoyed it. It features Francesca, an English maiden who goes to live with her Italian relatives after being orphaned. There a plot similarity to The Scarlet Pimpernel, which I adore, so I liked that part. More romance would've been nice, but the snappy dialogue was definitely enjoyable.

**Plot spoiler: It bothered me a bit that Francesca saw her as in love with the wrong cousin a vast majority of the book--up until the last few pages. Anyone else have that same issue?**

Still, I think I'm going to try more of her works. Hopefully more love will be in the air.

Rating: 7(.5)/10

No comments: